Every home should have a well-stocked first aid kit for all those bumps, bruises, scrapes and minor burns.
Accidents happen, and it’s always better to be prepared.
We’ve put together a list of essential items that should be in everyone’s home first aid kit – so you’ll never have to go rooting for a plaster again!
- adhesive plasters
- sterile eye pads
- individually wrapped triangular bandages
- safety pins
- individually wrapped sterile medium, large and extra-large unmedicated wound dressings
- individually wrapped disinfectant wipes
- small scissors
- examination gloves
- water-based burns dressing (small and large)
- crepe bandage
There are other products that can come in very handy in a home first aid kit too, especially if there are little ones in the house:
- antiseptic cream
- spray-on plaster
- disinfectant such as Dettol
- arnica cream (for bruises)
- heat/cool pack
The HSE has more great advice on first aid for babies and children – click HERE.
If you need any help or advice on at-home first aid supplies/treatments, please speak to one of our team – we’d be happy to help!